Collaborative Divorce In Pennsylvania
Most people think that there is only one way to get a divorce and to resolve the many issues a family faces — by going to court. The Law Office of Patricia Wozniak Henk is proud to be among the first in Pittsburgh to have offered families an alternative known as collaborative divorce.
If you choose the collaborative law process for your divorce, you, your spouse, your individual attorneys and various other professionals will sit down to talk about the issues of your divorce. The goal is to come to an agreement on the issues that protects everyone’s best interests, including your children’s.
What Are The Benefits Of Collaborative Divorce?
- It provides each party with the assistance and support of her/his own collaboratively trained family law attorney throughout the entire process.
- It provides the assistance of a team of professionals, all trained in collaborative law. The professionals you work with will depend on your family’s specific needs and may include a coach (to facilitate communication and productivity at the meetings), child specialist (to give guidance on children’s issues) and/or a financial neutral (to explain all financial issues).
- Collaborative divorce provides for prompt resolution of conflicts involving co-parenting issues and preserves relationships with children as the family is restructured.
- It focuses exclusively on settling the issues.
- It preserves privacy and confidentiality.
- It empowers you and the other party to make your own decisions about the future of your family.
- It allows for more personalized solutions that address the specific needs and concerns of the family.
- It offers long-term benefits to your family by preserving a respectful relationship and by helping to learn skills that will allow for more effective co-parenting and decision-making in the future.
I Am Devoted To Helping You Make Decisions That Matter
In January 2007, I was one of the first Pittsburgh lawyers to be trained in collaborative divorce, and I have devoted my career to it and other alternative dispute resolution methods ever since. I am passionate about collaborative law because I have seen it give hundreds of couples a better option — an option outside of litigation where they become the decision-makers, not a judge.
As your attorney, I will help you:
- Identify and express your most important needs and concerns
- Understand the other party’s concerns
- Identify, exchange and analyze information necessary for you to make informed decisions
- Create and explore many possible solutions to your issues
- Reach an agreed settlement which meets the needs of both parties
Let’s meet to discuss whether collaborative law is right for you. Please call 412-281-6555 or send me an email. I offer free 30-minute initial consultations, including consultations on Saturday morning (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.). I help clients in Allegheny County, Washington County and throughout Western Pennsylvania.